Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Agreement Management team, within CMHC’s Client Operations Sector, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. The Senior Manager, Operations will lead the team responsible for the delivery of the Federal Community Housing Initiative, Phase 2 (FCHI-2) program, which is a rental assistance program available to federally-administered housing co-operatives and non-profit housing providers. In addition to ensuring the effective performance of services and deliverables relevant to the functions that the unit is expected to provide, the incumbent provides strategic direction and input into client outreach, application intake and assessment, and prioritization for the allocation of program funding to ensure client needs and business objectives are met. The incumbent also implements effective client relationship management practices for internal and external stakeholders, and provides leadership and support to implement CMHC’s mission, vision and goals.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 24 months.
- Provide strategic direction for the planning, program delivery execution, measurement and reporting, including the ongoing monitoring of targets and the development and achievement of service standards.
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of program delivery strategies, policies, procedures.
- Lead the development and implementation of solutions to issues related to client services, procedures and operations.
- Build positive relationships and partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders, collaborating and sharing intelligence.
- Provide advice, guidance and strategic recommendations to policy and senior management on politically sensitive matters.
- Act as a catalyst for organizational change by building a shared vision with team members and colleagues, and influencing the translation of vision into action.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance, commerce, engineering or architecture.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent people leadership skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills including ability to influence, negotiate and present information in a professional manner.
- Excellent relationship management skills, and demonstrated ability to foster trusting relationships with clients, internal, and external partners.
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of community housing sector.
- Organizational know-how on a variety of National Housing Strategy programs and products, in particular the Federal Community Housing Initiative, Phase 2 (FCHI-2) program.
- Applied knowledge of risk management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 6108
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Office Location: Ottawa (ON)