Paul Pogba breaks silence on Manchester United future and PSG transfer speculation

Spread the love

 

 

Paul Pogba has denied that talks have been opened between his representatives and Manchester United over a new contract.

Pogba enjoyed perhaps his finest spell of form since returning to United in the latter half of this past season but his contract at Old Trafford will expire at the end of the next campaign.

United opted to trigger a one-year extension in his contract last year but have not yet been able to tie their star midfielder down for longer, leaving the 28-year-old free to start negotiating with teams outside of the Premier League from January 2022 onwards.

Pogba has been repeatedly linked with a second Manchester departure and agent Mino Raiola helped stoke the flames in December when he gave a bombshell interview in which he claimed the Frenchman was unhappy and his time at the club was over.

 

Reports on Thursday suggested that talks had been opened between United and Pogba’s team over an extension, but he has said that’s not the case.

“I have one year left on my contract, everyone knows that,” Pogba said in a press conference while on international duty, via RMC Sport. “There have been no concrete proposals for extensions. I’m still in Manchester.

“After the season there was the vacation, so I didn’t sit down with the managers and coach. I’m focused on the Euro.”

 

But Pogba won’t be the one to make any contact with the Parisians.

“Contacts with Paris? I have an agent that deals with all that. I don’t have Nasser [PSG president Al-Khelaifi]’s number.

“My only thought, now, is the Euros. I’m focused. I’ve got more experience than before. I’m focused on the present, the Euros.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*